Monday, September 15, 2008

The Sports Industry 101 - Purpose of Blog

As a Sports Administration Graduate Student at Ohio University, I have the fortunate opportunity to serve as the Undergraduate Internship Coordinator, among many other opportunities I have been awarded as a part of this program. I will be taking full advantage of my role here to assist undergraduate sport management students as best as I can. I have had a couple of years of experience (specifically in Event Management) after graduating from Springfield College with a degree in Sport Management and am ready to offer what I can to best assist students who want to pursue a career in the sports industry.

As I've learned over the past few years, being a part of the sports industry is like drinking from a fire hose (as my mentor likes to describe it)...Drinking From the Fire Hose: (idiom) how you feel when introduced to the Sports Industry...you're standing at the fire hose; all this water's coming at you at warp speed; and all you're trying to do is catch as much water in your mouth as you can without falling over while the vast majority rushes right by you! - MW

My goal is to be a resource for advice, future opportunities, industry updates, and general sports business information. At times I will write about my own experiences and of others' close to me. In general, I hope this blog will be used as a quick informational resource. Feel free to provide feedback and comments, or ask questions as necessary. Thank you for investing your time in this blog! Stay tuned for - "Experience is Critical"...

No comments: